Effective Date: 10/26/2018
How EdgeU Collects Personal Information
Personal information collected is information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use this Site. For example, personal information you submit when registering for a class or subscribing to a newsletter, or contact us with questions.
We may collect information about the device you are using the Site on, including what type of device it is, operating system used, device identifiers (e.g., computers, IMEI, UDID), GPS, subscriber information (e.g., IMSI), settings, log information, browser type and configuration, cookies, wireless carrier/operator, internet service providers, Internet Protocol address, and crash data. We use this information to provide and enhance our Site for users, improve our services, and provide appropriate support if needed. Please check your device if you want to learn what information your device sends or how to change your settings.
How We May Use Your Information
EdgeU uses your information to provide, maintain, improve and enhance the Site for you. More specifically, we may use your information in the following manners:
· To better understand users and their use of the Site. We may collect this information to understand and analyze usage trends, learn behaviors, and preferences of users.
· To enable further participation in the Site, promotions, and premium content. For instance, we may remember your most recent activity so we can recommend the most appropriate content for you or we may use your personal information to offer you features and other promotions that may be of interest to you.
· To enable participation with our partnerships. You may grant us the authority to share your information to third parties and with your permission allow third party organizations to make special offers, promotions, and offer other Site that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of these at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To send you updates, announcements, and notices. You may change how you receive the notices at any time—we will include an “unsubscribe” link in each electronic newsletter or promotional email we send to you.
· To prevent potentially illegal activities. We are dedicated to keeping the Site safe, secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
How We May Share Your Information
We recognize that you have entrusted us with keeping your information safe. We may share your information in the instances described below. For further information on how you can make choices regarding your information, see “Your Choices” below.
· We may disclose your information in compliance with laws, regulation or other legal processes.
· We may disclose your information to service providers and affiliates to help us provide you with the Site, to perform business-related functions, and provide you with information about other products and Site. Example of Site providers includes hosting Site and traffic analytic tools.
· We may disclose aggregated or anonymous data to third parties to improve or promote the Site.
· We may disclose information you expressly consent to be shared such as your contact information to third parties for various purposes including third-party Site, promotions, and offers.
· We may share your information to prevent you from receiving duplicate or unnecessary contact from third parties that overlap with our Site.
You may contact EdgeU to be removed from any mailing list or other contact or notice list. Once we have received the information we need, we will remove you from our lists as you have requested. Please give us reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
Our policy is to retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide the Site to you and others, and as otherwise required for our legal obligations.
We take data security seriously and we take reasonable steps to protect your information. We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you submit on or through this Site. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot warrant the security of any information or data from you or on your behalf. In the event our systems are compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other such steps as required by applicable laws.
The Site are not designed for or catered to children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information submitted by a user is under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent and supervision, we will immediately suspend and delete the information. If you learn of a child user using our Site, please contact us.
Links To Third Parties
The Site are processed, stored, and managed from the United States.
EdgeU is an Oregon nonprofit corporation headquartered in the United States. This Site is currently hosted on servers located in the United States, although we reserve the right to relocate this Site to other servers elsewhere in the world. Your personal information may be stored on servers located within the United States or in another country. In addition, we may transfer your personal information to our service providers and others located in the United States or another country for the purposes described in this Policy. If you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States, please note that the data collection and information laws of your region may differ from the United States, you agree that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States and by doing so you consent to such transfer. Please know, however, that no matter where your personal information is collected, used, transferred or stored, if it was collected through this Site, it will be protected by the terms of this Policy. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN OR TO THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY.
Changes To This Policy
We may revise this policy to keep pace with changes in the Site as well as applicable rules, laws and regulations. If we make any changes to this policy, then we will notify you of such change and post the revised policy on the Site.
Please contact EdgeU with any questions or comments by emailing email@example.com.