Home-buyer Classes & Workshops
Your First Step on the Home-buying Journey
Each month we offer certified training on different topics within the “Realizing The American Dream” curriculum from NeighborWorks.
Click below to view our current classes and monthly workshop schedule
Completing the Course
In order to attend/or complete the class all participants must register for each class you are interested in attending. Thank you for your interest and participation in these classes.
The first course/or class is Homebuyer Series I, Are You Ready to Buy & Understanding Credit check out the agenda for this class.
The second course/or class is Homebuyer Series II, Lender Programs/Your Homebuying team/Writing Your Offer check out the agenda for this class.
You will get an email confirmation of the class you wish to register for. In the event the class gets canceled or rescheduled you will receive an email notification. Please make sure and check your email and junk/or spam folders for any updates to the class schedule.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
If you are a first time homebuyer or if it's been a while since your last purchase involving financing. . .check out this Homebuyer's Handbook.
Trusted, Standardized, Up-To-Date
Our home-buyer “EdgeUcation” meets the following guidelines from the National Industry Standards for Home-ownership For Education and Counseling:
- Up to 8 hours of group home-ownership education with individual follow-up
- Certified home-ownership education trainer
- Core class content of:
- Assessing Readiness to Buy
- Managing Money
- Understanding Credit
- Financing a Home
- Shopping for a Home
- Maintaining a Home & Finances
- Home-ownership Instructor who has adopted the National Industry Standards for Home-ownership and who has signed the National Industry Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Face-to-face training using interactive techniques
- Education before a purchase contract is signed